Depression is very common. Having depression interferes with daily life and ultimately affects the ones around you.
- Major depression – Affects one’s ability to enjoy life, work, sleep, and eat.
- Persistent depression – When depressive mood episodes happen throughout a 2 year period.
- Seasonal affected depression – Depressive moods arise during the winter months due to the lack of natural sunlight. Depressive moods fade away during the spring and summer months.
- Psychotic depression – When you experience delusions or hallucinations. Having episodes of depression with breaks from reality.
- Postpartum depression – This happens to women after childbirth. When hormonal and physical changes overwhelm them.