Back injuries are the second most common cause of employees missing work. Knowing about types of back injuries and common causes can help you avoid injuring your back.
TYPES OF BACK INJURIES
- Strain – Injury due to overusing or overstretching your back.
- Sprain – Ligament in the back is torn or over stretched.
- Bulging Disk – Disk begins to come out from between two vertebrae.
- Herniated Disk – Disk begins to leak its cushioning fluid.
COMMON CAUSES OF BACK INJURIES
- Poor Posture
- Excess weight
- Bad lifting techniques
- Medical condition
- Reaching, Bending and Twisting